Lots of new things are coming your way and its all down to the amazing show on Netflix ‘Tidying up’. I have tidied up my clothes, my cupboard under the stairs and ‘that draw’ in the kitchen which has all sorts of ‘useful’ things in 😉
But all that was left was to ‘tidy up’ my businesses. I have had many a business adviser, mentor and support groups over the last year/start up phase. All advising me differently, or suggesting that I cut this side of my business out, or dont sell products, or dont set up from home, or dont get premises, arrrhhhhh!!!! And however, grateful I have been for their time and support and energy, I am now at a cross roads in my business life and at 1 year in here is what I have learned and her are the new changes moving forward (so pleased I get to share this with you all).
What I have learned in the 1st year of starting up my business…
- Really really meditate on your business. Stick it up on the wall, re write it, add pictures, discuss it with friends, tweak it, and then when it really resonates with you and gives you the feel good excitement vibes you used to get when you were a kid the night before Christmas, only then do you put it in a neat spread sheet.
- Own your business plan. You have spent years thinking about this, and dont let anyone change the core of your business. If anyone uses the word ‘should’ in their sentence when talking about your business, ‘should do this’, or ‘shouldnt do that’. Then politely thank them for speaking with you, but allow their ‘shoulds’ to fly out the window and stick with your gut.
- Do be open to change. Change is good, change is actually bloody brilliant! And its OK for your business to evolve. If people say ‘but I thought you were doing this’ you can say ‘yes I am and I am also doing this and my business is flowering like a garden, I hope you enjoy it.’
- Dont spend your hard earned pennies and savings on anything which involves network marketing or 30 days to boost your business programs. You are the only person who can make your business work. And your business is unique just like you are. Therefore, there is no hard n fast rules to follow to make your business a success. You need to tune in, follow your business gut, study, put in the hours and graft your ass off.
Whats new for the next year of BridieApple.com
- I am going back to my original Business Plan. This business plan makes me excited and energized and allows me to share all of my professional interests and services with the world under one roof/website.
- New yoga time table, including yoga in the park every Tuesday and yoga for mums and children.
- New online shop filled with my eco glitter and henna range
- New booking system for my services for your corporate well-being days, retreats and events
- My art prints, cards, and affirmations available in my online shop
- Ayurveda therapy service back up and running for private bookings in my new home well-being studio and online
- Reiki bookings back up and running for private bookings in my new home well-being studio and online
- Retreats (at home and in Bali) coming soon
- Ayurveda healing massage service back up and running for private bookings in my new home well-being studio and online
- Our amazing membership subscription Flow. Grow. Glow. is being moved back to being on BridieApple.com so all your goodness and content is in one place
I am so pleased to be able to share this with you all, and speak honestly about the evolution of my business with you all. Quite often I find that this side is hidden away from the public, but I think its healthy to share all of who you are as a practitioner, professional, and human being and I hope that this can help someone else find their power and voice in their business.
Keep your eyes pealed for all the new bits and drop a comment below if you have any questions.
Much love Bridie x